Join the CB Insights TeamSee open positions
The CB Insights Engineering team enjoys solving hard problems, and there’s no shortage when you’re building the world’s most comprehensive and well-loved market analytics and intelligence platform.
Our challenges, like our team, are diverse. A few of the questions we’ve had to answer:
- How can we use natural language processing and machine learning to transform our firehose of raw data into coherent information?
- How can we detect signals in our data to discover important trends, and how do we determine which trends are relevant for individual users?
- How do we design a user experience that is simple and intuitive yet also allows our users to leverage the full value of our data and platform?
Now imagine solving these questions concurrently, while serving a broad and diverse customer base and scaling the system, data and team. If that excites you, and you have a love of learning and the craft of software engineering, read on.
We believe that the best technology is built collaboratively by engineers who are dedicated to best practices and want impact – regardless of their role. Many of our key technologies exist because they were championed by individual engineers. Management supports us when we determine that legacy systems must be upgraded or replaced. We’ve built a strong automated testing culture with continuous integration and daily releases to production. We encourage teaching and learning, as it’s an investment in ourselves. Our engineers regularly present to each other on various topics and the company offers learning opportunities and subsidies.
Sound like a good gig? We think so. It’s hard, but rewarding – and fun – because we’re building good software that our customers use and love. If you agree, check out our open positions because we’re growing fast!
An Inside Look:
If you are helpful, humble and hungry with high standards, we’d love to chat.
Data & Research
CB Insight’s Intelligence unit is the best in the business at identifying tech trends and analyzing the momentum of tech startups, companies, and investors. Our CEO calls us the company’s “secret sauce”, and for good reason.
We are frequently cited by the media and we run the tech industry’s most popular newsletter with over 700,000 subscribers. Our reports make it into the C-suite of the world’s most influential organizations.
This job involves lots of writing, data analysis, and data visualization to create compelling research for our readers, and actionable intelligence for our clients. The research we create helps boost our brand and showcases the power of CB Insight’s software. After all, we do have access to the world’s largest, most comprehensive, and most accurate database on startups and tech at our fingertips.
We come to work every day hungry to answer the tech industry’s toughest questions. A few of the questions we get to tackle are:
- Which companies are the game-changing disruptors of tomorrow?
- What are the key emerging technologies?
- How are entrenched industries changing, and what are the key threats and opportunities?
Some kickass work we’ve done recently includes:
- Webinars on topics that range from cannabis industry trends to cybersecurity investments
- Reports like the Digital Health 150 or the The Future According to Andreessen Horowitz
Success on the Intelligence team means working quickly to meet deadlines without sacrificing accuracy. Expectations are high, but the impact we have on the company’s success is commensurate with those expectations.
This is a fun job! We are passionate about technology (we’re tech nerds), and we get to exercise that passion every day. We think collaboration is key. Our team is diverse, humble, and open to new ideas.
Sound like a good gig? We think so. If you do too, check out our open positions cause we’re growing fast!
Business Development & Customer Success
The CBI Business Development and Customer Success team is the best team in modern SaaS. This is a place where you can work with the world’s top innovation, strategy, and investment teams across every industry.
We come to work every day hungry to help our customers answer the tech industry’s toughest questions. Expectations are high, but we have all of the necessary tools to exceed them.
We have a diverse group that ranges in experience level and expertise but has a proven record of remarkable growth. Here are a few more things that make our team so great:
- Best in class sales coaching culture: We not only talk about coaching, we have training plans and dedicated people in place to ensure that everyone on the team is given the necessary coaching to be successful in their current role and grow into their future role(s).
- Competitive (not cutthroat) and collaborative: It is engrained in our culture to help each other succeed while also holding each other accountable.
- Transparent career progression ladders: There is no mystery as to what you need to do to get to the next level in your career.
Sound like a good gig? We think so. If you do too, check out our open positions ‘cause we’re growing fast!